Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Life's Journey


As the dust cleared and the light of another day faded from the cloudy sky, I looked to see how far I'd come on my journey:

I saw two roads;
One well-worn,
The other just a trail.

I stepped closer and gazed down the old, established road. I saw companionship and love at the top of the road, but rocks of dissatisfaction promised a certain loss of purpose to those who dared venture that way.

I turned and looked up the less-familiar trail. I could see success at the top of the hill and it beckoned me onward. But on the sides of the trail, I saw the rocks of loneliness, put there to create a bitter climber - successful but unhappy.

As I pondered my decision and looked from the road of love to the road of success, my eyes fell upon the wilderness in between. Half in fear, I stood entranced by the unknown. I knew that neither road would bring me all, but this wilderness presented every uncertainty. I could see the wild bushes waiting to snag the unwary with disappointments. But then I noticed that at some points the space between the roads was wide and at others they seemed to almost join. I knew then what I wanted and I stepped over the first bush and went forward on the path of life.

Later, when I glanced behind me, I found my life had become a highway, a path for others to follow, and the roads of love and success have indeed become one.

My life's journey has just begun.

1987 - Sophia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

cool hit counter