Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Seasons of Love

The snowflakes fell from the sky today.
I looked up, felt their softness, and thought of you.
I saw us, running through the snow
And laughing, loving each other.

The flowers burst from the ground today.
I gazed at their beauty and thought of you.
I saw us, gripped by spring fever,
Laying on the new grass, loving each other.

The sun shone down from the heavens today.
I felt its heat and thought of you.
I saw us, splashing through the waves,
Throwing ourselves on the beach, loving each other.

The leaves fell from the trees overhead today.
I caught one, and thought of you.
I saw us, climbing to the top of the mountain,
Collapsing from exhaustion, loving each other.

Someone died, and I cried in your arms today.
I felt that shock and thought of the pain.
I saw the broken hearts in those left behind,
And prayed we'd live forever together, loving each other.

Someone was born, and I laughed with joy today.
I felt that excitement, and thought of us.
I saw our love like a new birth; an old miracle and
Born from nothing, but meant to be and grow...
FOREVER.

1986 - Sophia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

cool hit counter