Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Fly Free

I saw you gazing into the sky,
Following an eagle in its flight.
I heard the roar of a jet,
As you rushed to watch its trail.
I became frightened that one day
You'd spread your wings and fly.
I wanted to hold you, to cage you
Like a wild bird, and never let you go.
And, like a captured bird,
I saw you struggling to break free

One day I let that bird go,

And was amazed that it stayed,
Next to my side, but free
and I knew then that even if
That bird spread its wing and flew
It would never leave me completely,
For its spirit is in my heart.
And I knew that even in flight
I would be closer to that bird
Then a cage could ever bring me.

So spread your wings -

For one day you too
Shall fly with the eagles.

1993 - Sophia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

cool hit counter